Saturday, April 7, 2012

24 Goals for my 24th Year


Tomorrow is a new year, not by any normal calendar of course but for me personally because tomorrow marks for me the anniversary of the day I entered this world. Yes you guessed it tomorrow is my birthday. This weekend has already been awesome like my birthday has started early and birthdays always fall into that category of moments in the year we tend to evaluate our lives, well for me they do anyway, so that’s what I’ve begun to do. At the beginning of the year I made for myself a list of goals that I wanted to do, you know the whole new year’s resolutions thing, but I never posted it, so now four months later I’ve tried some of them, completely missed the mark on others and let most all of them fall right back down to the bottom of my priorities in life. But seeing now that the number I’m know as is soon changing from a 23 to a 24 I believe it’s a good time to revaluate that pervious list and take it a bit farther by adding quite a few more items to it, making it my 24 for 24 and this time its is most certainly being posted.



Now for the list ready?
 Journal everyday
 Read the bible frequently
 Do things independently
 Exercise regularly
 Keep a food journal
 Wear bright colors
 Read at least one book a month
Make time for myself
Pray without ceasing
Drink more water
Keep my space clean
Set aside time for worship
Take photographs
Cook more meals
Eat out no more than twice a month
Buy less stuff/ Get rid of things I no longer use
Set aside money for savings out of each check
Find something to be thankful for everyday
Write letters to friends and family
Acknowledge joyful moments
Embrace the adventure of life
Find ways to respect people
Keep the blog updated
Always make God my first priority



I know it’s a lot of stuff and I’m sure I’m not going to do it all perfect but that’s not the point, the point is to be thinking about all these things and taking steps to do them, for now the list is just that a list of vague goals for my life so over the next moth or so my hope is to break it down for you and for me as part of this blog you gotta love accountably and that’s my view for today and hopeful the next year or something like that enjoy.       

2 comments:

  1. I like you ambitions. I also look forward to reading more blogs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list. I think it is a good idea to write down goals we have.

    ReplyDelete