Sunday, November 13, 2011

Even as I Write

I think about my future frequently; about what my life may be, could be or what I wish it was now that its not. I see other people so sure of where there’re at and where there’re going that I feel left out sometimes. Like what’s the deal God why do they get to see Your plan for their lives and I don’t get to see Your plan for mine. I’ve wondered constantly what it is I’m suppose to do with my life what should I focus on or pursue, should I be searching out new opportunities or waiting for them to find me, am I on the right page or is there more for me to do that I’m missing somehow?

And even as I write these words I hear the answer I’ve been hearing all along, just be faithful and wait. I don’t know the big picture; God’s plan for what my life holds, I don’t have a ten, five or even one year plan at the moment all I know is God’s plan is perfect; its not always fun, or pretty, its not usually easy and can be downright hard, sometimes its messy, confusing or even dark, but that’s all the more reason to trust in God. And thats all He is asking me to do, to look at today and be faithful stop searching for big opportunities and take hold of the small ones right here and right now and watch them grow.              


1 comment:

  1. I loved when Pastor Tim said that thing about Isaiah in this week or last weeks sermon. He said, you know guys, God asked if anyone was willing to go and Isaiah stood up and said, "send me," but he really had no idea where God was asking him to go.

    You're kind of like Isaiah. You're ready to go but you don't know quite yet where God is sending you. I think that's a pretty ok place to be. Just Mary it up in the mean time.

    ReplyDelete