Saturday, February 23, 2013

I Want To Be

I’ve really been struggling lately, I’m having a hard time connecting with people, and my dive to be social is gone, I find myself complaining all the time and when I look for beauty and joy it’s more than a little hard to find. My life hasn’t really changed and there is no good reason for me to be feeling the way that I do, so why has this depression sprung up now, why am I weary and burnt out and what good is going to come from writing about it? I could create a list, all the reasons why I think this has struck me, but I don’t think I want to do that. You see the reasons don’t really matter at this point, the only thing that matters is getting past the reasons and overcoming the way that I feel in order to be the person that I like again.
I don’t know exactly how to do that, and at the risk of sounding overdramatic, when I feel this way it’s sometimes hard to remember what really brings me back to normal. But normal will return eventually and I’m not blind to the attack so I have the mind to fight back, to look for beauty even though its hard, to stay connected even if it’s just one person, to be social even though I don’t want to, to be positive when my instinct is to complain and to somehow find rest without abandoning my life. But most importantly to pray, because no matter what I do, who I talk to or how much I fake it til I make it, I know that my joy comes from the Lord, He is the One that gives me rest and seeking Him is what I need to remember most when I can’t remember anything else, because it’s Him who makes me the me I want to be.       

1 comment:

  1. You must remember also that it's winter in Michigan. You're okay and its HIGHLY likely that you're feeling down because from lack of sun, too much cold, and not enough fresh air. Spring is just around the corner (I'm right there with you!).

    ReplyDelete